What is TOKUSHIMA MITSUBOSHI BEEF
First in Japan to receive certification for
“JGAP livestock and livestock products”.
Tokushima Mitsuboshi Beef is a beef that Tokushima Prefecture can recommend with confidence as it has been tested for both "safety and security" as well as "deliciousness".
Tokushima Prefecture issues a certificate stamped with the Tokushima Prefecture Governor's seal for each beef that meets the three requirements set by Tokushima Prefecture in their certification guidelines.
We aim to turn existing brands such as
"Awa beef" into Premium brands.
- A safe and secure ranch that has obtained JGAP certification
- Beef that is 28 months or older and that is raised in Tokushima
- A4 or B4 grade or higher, BMS No.5 or above
A premium beef that values the concepts of safety and security and that is fattened for a long time at a JGAP certified ranch. It takes money and effort to raise such beef, and the taste and quality is comparable to that of Japanese black beef.
- A "safe and secure" ranch that has obtained JGAP certification
- Beef that is 25 months or older and that is raised in Tokushima
- A3 or B3 grade or higher, BMS No.5 or above
JGAP CERTIFIED RANCH
JGAP is a certification given to "farms" that work on food safety and environmental protection.
In order to deliver safe ingredients to your table, we have set up various examination items such as livestock health management, proper use of veterinary drugs, and efforts for a comfortable livestock breeding environment.
We also evaluate efforts to ensure the safety of workers and to consider the global environment for sustainable farm management.
Safe and Secure
- Rearing Hygiene
- Management of Veterinary Drugs, etc.
- Law Relating to Livestock Improvement (Management of semen, fertilized eggs, and livestock)
- Law on Safety Assurance and Quality Improvement of Feed (Feed management)
- Food Protection and Risk Management
Environment and Sustainability
- Labor Management・Occupational Safety
- Materials・Facilities・Machine Management
- Animal Welfare
- Biodiversity • Environmental Conservation
- Coexistence with the Local Community
Cattle Raised in Tokushima
Certified Producers in Tokushima
WWe certify that the producer's address (in the case of corporations, the location of the head office) and the ranch location are in Tokushima Prefecture, and that they are particular about their unique rearing management.
Use of sires from Tokushima (raise until they can be in service), or raising cattle for over 1 year in Tokushima
Japanese black: over 28 months or more
Hybrid: over 25 months or more
HIGH QUALITY DRESSED CARCASS
Gold star (Japanese black): A4 or B4 grade or higher
Silver star (Hybrid): A3 or B3 grade or higher
Marbling of Fat (BMS)
Gold star (Japanese black): BMS No.5 or above
Silver star (Hybrid): BMS No.3 or above